SimpleCaddy 3.0.0 for Joomla 3.7.+ is out.
SimpleCaddy is a simple yet powerful extension that allows you to create a web shop from your existing articles. Simply add the plugin code to your content and you're ready to sell.
- SimpleCaddy is now PHP 7+ compliant, meaning that all php4 (yes, php4) compliant code has been removed and replaced with modern code.
- It now has the ability to use images in selection lists, so not only can you present red, green or blue as your colour options, you can now use a picture of textures as well.
- The code has been rewritten for 80% (some good ideas do not need updates )
- Integration of new plugins is now a breeze, if you feel adventurous, you can write your own plugin.
- Tax and Coupons now use a different method of calling, removing the ugly "Joomla plugin ordering" out of the equation
- All views are now in individual files, making adjustments is now way easier to do as well as to fix if anything went wrong
A more commercial version will see the light soon with some exciting new features like:
- Allowing for checkout using several banking institutions instead of, or in combination with PayPal
- USPS, UPS and Canada Post are optional shipping solutions with the commercial version of SimpleCaddy
- Installation and integration services
- The commercial version is still GPL and not compressed/encoded in any way.
The forum here stays free, SimpleCaddy Basic is free, and will remain so.